Sept 12, 2016

Hello Everybody!!

Greetings from good ole Cicero Illinois! You will have to excuse my bad habit of not filling you guys in on my life for the past few weeks. I claim rights to forgetful 19 year old, but hey I'm working on that!
So as you know and if you don't, I am now serving in the Westchester 2nd ward which is really just outside of my old downtown boundaries. I have been here for about a month and it is seriously so fun! We have a great area and my companion Elder Hall and I get along great. He is from South Jordan for any of you who know Utah very well.

As all missionaries say, this week was quite interesting! We had almost no luck with new investigators but our old ones are getting even more solid. I was blessed to walk into an area with like three people almost ready to be baptized. I really hope they stick to it!  Raul has got to be my favorite though. He is the boyfriend of one of our favorite members and he is as good as a dry Mormon. He has a great sense of humor too, like when my companion completely lit the stove of his house yesterday on fire while heating up tortillas, he didn't even get mad! But oh elder hall... We are working on his cooking skills.

Speaking of kitchens we had a pretty peaceful week in ours..... EXCEPT WE DECLARED WAR ON THE COCKROACHES!! Ok so I hope you all know that Chicago is the land of the bugs. It is something to be expected. So when I first saw them here in our apartment I didn't freak, but calmly
destroyed everyone I could see. But now! This week I had the third night that I come in and our counter and sink had about 6-8 running all over. The reason war has been declared is that we had just made muffins early and they were all over them! (I know what you are thinking, that we shouldn't have left them out and cleaned up better and blah blah but I know that!) we were in a huge hurry to get out the door early that day for a blessing and didn't have time to throw them in the fridge. I am happy to say that we are on the offensive now and we haven't seen any almost since that day. We will win this war if it kills us.

On a happier note, one of our other investigators dogs can sing! But only to the song who let the dogs out... He is very picky.

I will leave you all with that image and my testimony of this gospel. We have the gospel in this church and I am so grateful for it! Thanks, as always, for your love and support!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment