Sept 7, 2015 1st P-day in the mission

The Mexico airport was way fun. I loved talking to you guys (family) at the airport and the people were psycho there!! We got eggs and bean paste on the plane so it was fine;) just kidding it was nasty as poop but I ate it!! I pretty much eat everything now, seriously there isn't much that I won't put in my face after living in Mexico. Yesterday we ate tacos at Hermana Guardados house and I picked up a tortilla, brushed the ant off of it and then made my taco:) haha it is a blast here.  We got delayed for so long getting out of Mexico that we weren't able to see the city like we were supposed to but it's all good. 

My area is absolutely huge and boring. I am stationed in Gurnee it is literally the top sliver of the mission.  We are as far away from the downtown city and anything like unto it.  There are tons of corn fields around here. We have a car because it's so big and we never get to talk to anybody that isn't a member or inactive. We pretty much just work with members here so I don't get the opportunity to bring many new people to Christ that often.  We have had one lesson with an investigator. But it's alright and I'm having fun!
  
I have an iPad that I study with everyday and it's super useful. I am reading two books by prophets and am almost done and I have plenty of study time.    It is probably safe to send packages now:)  If you want information give me specific questions it will just be easier to answer you that way.
I love you mom!

Not sure who this picture is could be district in CCM before he left or Elders that he traveled to Chicago with.  Hopefully he will share the names next week.

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment