June 27 2016

We have been teaching an old man lately, named Luis. I will describe a one-of-a-kind experience but I first need to describe the investigator. He does not like the Catholics at all, and has not been attending church for a long time. He reads the Bible a lot, and knows it pretty well. He went through heart surgery recently as well. When he talks he looks, and sounds like he is yelling at you. He gets pretty worked up when he talks. During the lesson for some reason Luis was making an impersonation of someone laughing and he laughed for a second exactly like SpongeBob. Being myself, who is a pretty giggly guy in the first place, I starting cracking up and we giggled for a good minute straight while trying to hide it by looking around.  After that he preceded to yell at us for fifteen minutes in Puerto Rican Spanish about how we should not laugh becuase he is a serious guy. I cannot fully describe the experience and Elder Vandenhazel and I are the only ones who can really understand the grandeur of the whole event. He was so angry that at one point I could not understand what he was saying, like at all. It was a weird situation. He also came to church on Sunday. He does not like Elder Vandenhazel or I at all, but likes the message that we teach and wants to learn more.

This week I went on exchanges with Elder Erekson in my area. He is a really good missionary and we had a lot of fun. We came from the MTC together and our great friends. This exchange was no less than extraordinary because we had the fantastic opportunity to go to the temple with two recent converts. My one that we baptized a few weeks ago, Giovanni, and the hermanas convert Cristian. We are super close with him too so that's great. I was a little worried that we wouldn't be able to do the ordinance with them because that's an unusual one for missionaries, but to my surprise and great pleasure I was able to do the baptisms in English and Spanish for a number of people. Oh my
goodness it was such an experience!

Those are pretty much the highlights of the life of Elder Jones this week. Thanks so much for all the support and love. I know this church is true. Keep the faith and the faith will keep you! :)

Elder Jones
   My adobale face you all miss so much.
Didn't get to go to a game but seeing the stadium was pretty cool.

 My adorable face you all miss so much.

This is our calling card.

No comments:

Post a Comment