Aug 4 2015 2nd week in CCM

I have made it to my second P-day! On the first day I got here there were some missionaries that told me that if I could make it from Tuesday to Thursday to Sunday, then my time here would fly by. And it has been so true! My good buddy Adrian told me that the days take forever but the weeks go by in a blink and I have come to realize that after just two! 

Sundays are the best day of the week because we just get to praise God all day long and no matter where I go or who I am with, the spirit is so strong! We had an amazing testimony meeting on Sunday and it was even more special to me because I had the opportunity to say the blessing on water in Spanish! How cool that was.

If any of you dont know the story of John Tanner I HIGHLY suggest that you research it and at least go watch the church video about his life. From his story and sacrifice I have learned so much about the Law of Consecration and how important that is to me as a missionary. 

The Lord has blessed me down here in more ways than I can count and done more for me than I could ever repay him for. My two years are going to be well spent in the service of my God and I literally cannot wait to get out to Chicago!

We went to the templo hoy para la primera tiempo pero it was closed so solo la centre de visitoras. Tell everyone to email me I want loads of letters! And my comp is the new district leader so we have to check the mail everyday. I play basketball everyday and soccer only once. Not many soccer players in my district. Elder Erekson played for Murray my soph year when they beat us.

I think Nate Keele comes tomorrow and I am so excited!!! Jon is doing alright now and I see him every couple of days. Tell Davin again to email me.

I don't think of home until Tuesdays so it's not that bad. I am super busy so it isn't that hard! I love español!!

Thank you all for the emails and best wishes. You are all in my prayers and I exhort you to rely on the Lord more than you now are because He wants to be apart of your life. I promise this is true.
I figured out my camera today so here are some pictures of friends from back home as well as my room, the campus and the temple.









My best wishes and blessing to everyone
Love, 

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment